Death by internet, make it a double.

Discussion in 'Hunting Discussion' started by Mark66, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark66

Mark66 Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    27' Cat
    I respect the sportsmanship and skill and discipline of hunting and hunters, I am one. Someone who takes an animals life for food or pelt in true sport.

You fucksticks who think it's cool to kill animals and let them rot can suck my dick. Your lame ass accounts about raccoons and badgers and coyotes that attack indiscriminately are a fucking joke.

I have assumed the crab position and am ready, bring it.

This shit wouldn't fly on the fishing board. If you were to say all sharks and mola should be killed and thrown in a trash can because of all the damage they cause it would be the same fucking thing, give me a fucking break. I've listened to it all week and am done with it.

I'm calling you out, which one of you pussies is gonna tell me killing just to kill makes you a hunter. Fuck you.

Arrogant Bastards are chilled, the workweek is done and I got nothing better to do tonight :) .

2. Fresh One

Fresh One Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Brent
    Boat:
    none
    Killing just to kill? Who said anything about that? Killing and not eating the meat is not the same as killing just to kill. Killing a predator/varmit after buying all the gear, practicing at the range, taking a trip to Texas, etc... is not killing just to kill. Killing is the end state, there is alot more that goes into a hunt than just killing. You aren't fixating on this because somebody isn't eating a badger or making a raccoon hat are you? Let me ask you this, does consumption make the animal any less dead? Does it make the mother racoons little one down by the creek any less of an orphan if you wear her around as a hat? Not really.

Consuming an animal is all well and good and putting meat on the table is a great thing and very natural but if you are gonna get all philosophical about it, please consider that dead is dead and eating the meat or wearing the fur doesn't do shit as far as the animal is concerned. You see, at that point, its dead. It might make you as the hunter feel justified in taking the life but to me, that is a personal decision that each hunter must make themselves. Some feel justified because they put the animal to use and some feel justified in shooting a coyote because they lost their favorite cat to one when they were a kid. Some feel justified in shooting ground squirrels because they are small vermin and aren't held on as high a pedestal as a bull elk. Every hunter has a decision to make.

I personally wouldn't just walk around a shoot racoons but if I was on a predator hunt in Texas and one or two walked in, I'd shoot them. They are quite destructive and carry disease.

Are you a "if you don't eat it don't kill it" hunter? I got no beef with that if you are but for god sakes, realize that there are alot of hunters who have no problem popping a varmit and letting it lay.

3. chodico

chodico Newbie

Name:
    Sam
    Boat:
    still looking
    Locobro I couldn't agree more.

4. Marcelo5150

Marcelo5150 Newbie

Name:
    Marcelo
    Boat:
    "SS Muff Diver"
    Locobro must have nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo kinda pussy at home or in supply. One bored mother fucker to sit at home and call out people who kill rodents and varmin just beause. Ever kill a mouse, or a rat? Kill a sardine, or chovy. I to am a fisherman, I dont take mola or sharks just to killem' but your comparing apples to oranges. However, let a racoon cross my path, believe me, that thing isnt gonna make it.

5. Mark66

Mark66 Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    27' Cat
    "Started to go home and a racoon walked in front of me so I mite as well kill some thing.I gave him a warning shot for shit's and gigle's.The fucker sat down so he died I had about a mile an half to go.I ended up killing 5 more coon's on the way home I just piled them up for other critter's to eat"

This is the shit I'm talking about.

6. Quixotic

Quixotic kwik-'sä-tik

Name:
    Quixotic like exotic but a little stranger
    Boat:
    2008 Seaswirl 3301 Striper 2x 250 Yamaha
    Nothing goes to waste in nature.
    I beleive what goes around comes around. The Golden Rule is an easy path Weedhoppa.

I think PETA says a Flea is a Rat is a Cat is a Boy. Or something close to that.

:rodent:

7. Mark66

Mark66 Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    27' Cat

Evidently you haven't met my wife. So a Coyote or a badger are the same thing as a chovey? I'm just saying they are intelligent animals that deserve respect, as does nature. Brent I've fished with you and followed your hunting reports, maybe I'm wrong but I bet theres a grandfather or father in there who may have had some more respect for nature.

I didn't post this thinking it would be all warm and cuddly.

8. Marcelo5150

Marcelo5150 Newbie

Name:
    Marcelo
    Boat:
    "SS Muff Diver"
    Your right Locobro! You know what, thats some fuckin BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!

I'dve killed 10!

9. Special Ed

Special Ed The Four Season Angler

Name:
    Call me crazy
    Boat:
    N/A
    I totally understand your point of view. The only thing I think you have neglected to figure in to this equation is environment.

I have seen what racoons can do in a rural area (farm/ranch/trailer park/etc.). These things are bad news. Disease ridden, garbage rooting, aggresive, destructive pests.

I don't think there is any sport in it, but I am a sick fuck and would THOROUGHLY enjoy blowin' one of those fuckers head off. Blame the Marines for that one.

I don't think there is a big coon problem in Escondido Mark, how bout coyotes though?

Do you remember last year all the posts about people getting pissed the yotes were eating everyone's dogs. They killed alot of those coyotes and nobody got pissed the pelts were left to rot with the carcasses.

10. Mark66

Mark66 Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    27' Cat
    Ed, as far as I'm concerned you are a marine and a hero. I won't argue with you on being a sick fuck either ;)

I agree that "varmint" in populated areas should be culled if a problem, thats nature. One way or another there are checks and balances.

Bears in populated areas are also garbage rooting, aggressive, destructive pests. And I think they should be managed.

I'm talking about an irresponsible (my opinion) attitude that because it's a bear, or a shark or a raccoon or badger it should be killed on site. Fuck that.

I posted this in the hunting forum, I didn't think it would be swallowed easy. But I can tell you this, there are some hunters on this board that probably feel the same way.

11. jephs422

jephs422 My beetles need food

Name:
    Jeph S
    Boat:
    malibu X-Faxtor
    Wow, interesting topic...

First, dead is dead. There is no such thing as dead......but it was eaten, or dead.....but I made a hat out of it. Just plain dead.

Now, before anyone continues their rant about "senseless" killing, let me give you my point of view (I can't speak for anyone else)

There is no such thing as a "smart" or "dumb" animal. Simply put, our ideal of intelligence has no place in the animal kingdom. Now, certain animals are blessed with more God given survival instincts than others; but again, that has nothing to do with intelligence.

So why do I hunt varmints and predators? Well....none of your fucking business. However, I'll humor you.

I'll challenge anyone here that dares to say hunting predators/varmints is not sporting to join me in the field and see what it's really about. I'm not talking about being out deer hunting and seeing a dog and taking a shot of opportunity, or walking home and seeing a couple of coons and taking the shot. I'm talking about getting out in the field, grabbing a hand call, and triggering the feeding instinct of the nearest predator by convincing it that you are something that needs to be investigated/eaten/mated with/challenged. All while fooling the animal who's sense of smell is 10x that of any deer. No need for cover scent, hell I smoke on stands; once a coyote is down wind, your done, they can't be fooled.

Not challenging? I guess using over 15 different calls depending upon the time of year it is, or where they are at in their denning/mating cycle is all for nothing then.

Oh, and no, I don't eat them all.....sorry. The areas I hunt I am thanked by small game and bird hunters. Where I hunt I am saving the lives of hundreds of sheep, goats, cattle, and foals every year and am given thank you gifts by the ranchers who allow me access to their properties. Heck, 2 years ago I had one ranch lose 168 goats out of 240 in less than a year. last year and this year he lost only 6. I like to think that ranchers not upset because I didn't eat those coyotes or Bobcats.

Now, do I respect them as a game animal? Yes and no. When I am hunting them recreationaly, I sure do. I don't hunt them from Feb-Sept to give the pups a chance to grow and begin eating on their own. I don't hunt during mating season so I don't shoot any pregnant bitches. Hell, even during bobcat season I wait until our days are shorter and the areas I call are colder so I don't waste a tag on an unfurred bobcat. Yes, I save all my pelts, and yes, I save almost all my coyote pelts. Don't believe me? Ask my wife and she'll tell you that the pile of tanned furs in the closet is getting a bit out control. So if anyone needs a bobcat or coyote pelt, let me know, I can hook a brutha up.

Of course, in the spring when the young cattle begin hitting the ground and I get the calls form the ranchers, you bet your sweet ass I don't respect them. I hunt them hard, I hunt them to rid the ranch entirely if possible.

Coyotes can't and never will be extinct short of shooting them out of helicopters by the hundreds. Racoons are second only to feral cats on ground nesting bird predation, bobcats routinely take sheep, goats, and even deer when given a chance, and badgers......well, let me tell you, I care for my furs and trophis better than I care fo my clothes; so don't lose any sleep over wondering if it was laid to rot; it wasn't. And when it's back from the taxidermist I'll post photos of it so you can see just how much I truly respect what I kill.

Oh.....and you're gay :gay:

12. Quixotic

Quixotic kwik-'sä-tik

Name:
    Quixotic like exotic but a little stranger
    Boat:
    2008 Seaswirl 3301 Striper 2x 250 Yamaha
  13. Mark66

Mark66 Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    27' Cat
    To quote Speedgoat..."homosayswhat?"

Hey man, I think you get it. It was just getting stupid. Respect what you take, is that wrong?

14. jephs422

Name:
    Jeph S
    Boat:
    malibu X-Faxtor
    I got a headache just trying to say that. I aint's all educated and such.

15. jephs422

Name:
    Jeph S
    Boat:
    malibu X-Faxtor
    what?

Seriously though; I hate to say thins, but I kinda get your point. Like I said, I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I personally don't have a "there it is, shoot it" mentality about the whole thing. I treat them as a game animal and respect them during recreational hunting.

However, when it comes to depredation work, all gloves are off.

Yeah, I take ridiculous pictures with critters and have WAY too much fun with it.....but hey, I'm an ass, sue me.

Oh, and homosayshuh?

16. Sluester

Sluester I kill stuff

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Killin time, Bill Collector

Well said Brent!

So 1 asshat who doesn't respect anything posts how ignorant he is and you group all hunters??
    What's the comparison with sharks and molas??? Look at the seal population. How about the humbolt squid? Most think it's out of control...Is it?? How many would you kill if you could and would you eat them?
    Go away and stay on the fishing side.
    Who gives a shit what you think. If it's not illegal STFU. If you have to get fucked up to start shit they should ban you.

I used to trap all kind of shit when I was young. Never ate any of the shit I trapped except rabbits. Made decent money too. I'd shitcan the skinned animal(s) away. I guess I'm a bad guy?

You don't have to read a post and you could use the ignore button. It's your choice. I chose to ignore sneekes posts because of some of the stupid shit he posts. A lot of guys cheer him on...I have no idea why.

17. Mark66

Mark66 Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    27' Cat
    Jeph,
    Thats just it man, I know you respect the animals. You have to, just fuckin show it man. A badger is a bad ass animal. If anybody thinks it isn't, just spend about 30 seconds in a hall closet with one. A thirty pound animal will kick your 200lb ass. We are on the same side, just respect them, it smells bad when you don't. Peace.

18. Mark66

Mark66 Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    27' Cat
    Hey Mike, I don't group all hunters, I am a hunter. The comparison with sharks and Molas is that they ARE legal to kill. So do you kill Mola's every chance you get? Why not, they ruin props.. thats money by the hundreds of thousands each year. So the next time you hit a paddy with one on it, just blow it's fuckin brains out stud.

The squid and the seals, I'm all for managing them. All I'm calling for is some respect. Trapping takes skill or you won't get shit. I'm sure you learned more than most ever will during trapping.

I don't have to get fucked up to state the obvious. I just enjoy Arrogant Bastard.

I made this post because I think the majority of hunters are more respectable than the shit thats being posted lately with regard to this specific subject.

19. jbarto

jbarto Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jon
    Boat:
    You opened up a can of worms here Mark! I agree with you. While I respect all sportsman, fishermen, hunters, etc., only take what you need. If there are "vermints" that are damaging your livelyhood or familiy, kill them.

20. Mark66

Mark66 Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    27' Cat
    Preciate the back up brethern, I knew I could count on the backsiders. :cheers:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.