Okuma Citrix reel

Discussion in 'Okuma Fishing Tackle' started by fish4, Oct 19, 2011.

1. fish4

fish4 Newbie

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    None
    Looking for a little info on the Okuma Citrix reel. Was looking at it the other day over at Anglers Marine, looks great but how do they stand up, every one is telling me that Okuma has come a long ways on there reels is this true. I plan on using it in the bay and freshwater bass fishing. I know that they make a good spinning reel just can't figure out were they put all those bearings. Thanks in advance

2. NorthShore41

NorthShore41 Newbie

I own the Okuma Serrano... I believe it is a model above this one... It is the UGLIEST green color I have ever found. I love it. I have it spooled with 30# spectra and fish 15 or 20# flouro leaders for bass. I had to put it on a friends rod last trip becuase mine had a tip top issue and as such my friend used it with some plastics while we were drifting. We brought up Halis Bass and five million lizardfish with it. Very responsive, casts well, and you can't beat the warranty. Spend the little extra and get top of the line Okuma stuff and you will like it

3. fish4

fish4 Newbie

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    None
    Ya i saw that one the green is bad, i was going to wrap a new rod to put it on i don't know it i could find the right colors. I think there was only one bearing differents between them, i just didn't like the color of it. But they do well in the saltwater have any thing big pull on it yet.

4. NorthShore41

NorthShore41 Newbie

No nothing big enough to brag about, thought there was a couple other differences, maybe in frame construction. Does the cirtix have two cast controls? The serrano fished side by side with mine and my friends avet sx for the applications we put them to (different reels for different jobs) but pulling on the same size fish there was no appreciable difference

5. Master Chief

Master Chief Member

Name:
    Chad Lukehart
    Boat:
    Alumacraft Navigator Sport 185, ETEC 150, Duckworth Offshore 26
    I have had the Serrano for a couple years and had no problem pulling Lings to 17# in 90 FOW. The other big difference is the Serrano is build from corrosion resistant materials for saltwater. It is also marketed as an inshore saltwater reel. Great little reel so far.

6. fish4

fish4 Newbie

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    None
    If that's the case it might be smart to wait. I was looking on Tackle Warehouses web site and saw they have a new one coming out for winter at least it's red and black and it's about $30 more than the serene is now.

7. fish4

fish4 Newbie

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    None
    I did notice that the okuma citric has almost the same specs as the curado but only more bearings the drags are both 11pounds.

8. SauerFish Charters

SauerFish Charters Captain 100 Ton MNC

Name:
    Eric Sauerwein
    Boat:
    42' Uniflite "SauerFish" 6 Pack
    After using Dan's (NorthShore41) I am gonna buy one...its a sweet little reel